Did you know that even celebrities aren’t completely happy with their appearance? That even fitness models have flaws? Most of us can only dream of having perfectly sculpted abs or a flat stomach, toned thighs, a high and tight rear-end, and the physical perfection we see in fitness models – those things they’ve worked on for countless hours: eating right, knowing when to carb or not to carb, training in the perfect ratios, doing thousands of reps, or even trying some strange yoga moves.
It isn’t impossible. These gods and goddesses haven’t all been airbrushed or photo-shopped, but you might be surprised at the commitment and dedication that physical perfection takes.
What it Really Takes to Be a Fitness Model
Let’s face it a 3-times a week, half-hour workout isn’t going to cut it when you’re striving for near-physical perfection like that of a fitness model, so what do they really do to get that lust-worthy body?
Here’s a little reality check so you know what it can take to be that drop-dead gorgeous:
● Fitness models work their butts off. We’re talking 6-days-a-week workouts, often twice a day for at least an hour or more. They usually even do a “resting” workout on their days off like yoga or a long walk. This is a full-time gig for people who are dedicated to looking their physical-best.
● Fitness models do strength training. You won’t just find them doing endless hours on a treadmill or a few Zumba classes. Lean muscle is in vogue. You don’t look fit if you’re just skinny. Adding on a few pounds of muscle may even be preferred over just dropping weight on a scale for many in the fitness industry.
● Fitness models tend to have a very strict eating regime. They don’t necessarily count every calorie, but you can bet that they are low-carb or ketogenic in their food choices, and in many cases, they cut all gluten, refined sugar, refined carbs, alcohol, caffeine, meat, dairy, soy, or any other food that isn’t going to help them look and feel amazing.
● Fitness models may use cosmetic surgery. Liposuction is used not just by people who would consider themselves “ordinary” in their fitness goals, but also by people who work hard to look amazing. Sometimes stubborn fat stores can make even the hardest workouts seem futile. Vaser liposuction recovery is much faster, and since it helps to sculpt the body, not just remove fat, it is a viable option for even professional athletes and fitness models.
● Fitness models have to be smart. Sometimes a model will need to build muscle before she can lose weight or all the hard-earned abs she’s carved will melt away with the fat she’s burning. She might do heavy weight lifting for weeks, and finally do a few cardio sessions at the end of her training cycle. If you want to be physically perfect, you can’t just be hard-working you need to be smart. Knowing what supplements to take, when to lift, when to rest, or what muscles to work is a big part of the equation.
With dedication, enthusiasm and intelligence, physical perfection is attainable, but you’re not going to get it eating donuts and sipping on Red Bull.