Every second of summer (or almost summer) is meant to be enjoyed hanging with friends, spending every moment outside and more. Anything that we can do to ensure that we're able to enjoy is worth it for the ultimate optimization of the upcoming season. We chatted with Spruce & Bond specialist, Keiann Roberts about laser hair removal and how you can be prepared for your treatments. These tips will make your sessions easier, whether it's your first time or your a veteran.
1. Shave before your appointment so the technician can place the laser directly on the root of the hair.
2. At Spruce & Bond our lasers have a setting that adjusts to not only your skin type, but your hair type as well. The laser fires a concentrated beam of light that’s directed at the pigment in your hair follicles. This kills the follicle at its root, preventing them from growing back.
3. Avoid waxing up to 4 weeks before your appointment. The laser targets the pigment of your hair follicle, and the follicle actually has to be there in order for this to work.
4. It takes at least 5-6 sessions to achieve perfection.
5. Stay consistent with your appointments. Space them out every 4-6 weeks so you hair has enough time to cycle as your hair follicles are on their own growth cycle.
6. Some hair and skin types might be a little harder to treat, but it’s still possible. Dark hair follicles are usually easy to treat because, again, the laser targets the hair’s pigment. This is also why gray, white, blonde, and red pigments can be tricky. Spruce & Bond uses a Gentlelase Laser which is color blind, meaning that it has the ability to target any color hair on any skin tone.
7. Avoid direct sunlight on that area and always use a moisturizer with SPF to prevent additional redness.
8. During your treatment, the sensation will feel like a rubber band snapping against your skin. Each session is about 20-30 minutes depending on what you are getting done.
9. During the next day or two after, it’s normal for your skin to appear a little red. Avoid excessive heat and apply Aloe Vera to relive redness.
10. The permanent results from your laser hair removal are something you will never forget!
LASER FOCUS AT HOME
Whether you wish to use me™ in between salon treatments or at home, this compact, professional, at-home hair removal technology is for the face and body. Small and lightweight, you can use this at home or when you're in the midst of travels in mere minutes. Ideal for smaller, contoured areas like the bikini, underarm and face, yet as effective on larger areas like legs.
The chic is the only FDA-cleared technology for permanent results on all skin tones. Used by dermatologists around the world, it is clinically proven to be effective on the widest range of hair colors, even on blond, dark blond and red hair.
Read more from the May issue