We love a good taco around Athleisure Kitchen and this month, we shared some recipes from a foodie influencer and former The Bachelor/Bachelorette contestant who is an HGTV TV Personality.
20-Minute Ancho Chicken Tacos
Lindsay, Pinch of Yum - IG @PinchOfYum
Serves: 12 small tacos
•½ cup white whole wheat flour (all purpose also works)
•2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
•1 teaspoon southwestern or taco seasoning
•a generous pinch of salt and pepper
•2 tablespoons oil
•1½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Tacos and Toppings
•12 small corn tortillas
•a few green cabbage leaves, shredded
•one bunch cilantro, chopped
•toppings: lime wedges, sour cream, jalapeño slices, avocado slices, minced green or red onions
1. Toss the cabbage and cilantro together. Prep the other toppings.
2. Combine the flour, ancho chili powder, southwestern seasoning, and salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
3. In a heavy duty pan, heat the oil to medium high heat. Cut the chicken breasts in half or quarters, toss in the flour mixture, and add to the pan. Cook for a few minutes; flip, and cook for another few minutes until the outside is browned and the inside is no longer pink. Remove from heat, sprinkle with a little more salt, and allow to rest for a few minutes. Cut or shred the chicken into small pieces.
4. Warm tortillas (I just microwave for a 20 seconds or so) and assemble with the chicken and toppings. Be generous with the lime juice and jalapeños for extra zing!
Air Fried Fish Tacos
Jillian Harris, HGTV Love It or List It Host - IG @Jillian.Harris
Avocado Cream (recipe below)
1 can of Beer
1 1/2 cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 tsp of Salt
1. On a plate, lay out corn tortillas, top with peach salsa, set aside.
2. Slice your halibut into small strips.
3. Mix 1 cup flour, salt, baking powder and enough beer until you have a nice consistency
4. Toss the halibut in remaining flour to give it an initial coating, then place it in the beer batter mixture until coated.
5. Set on GREASED philips air fryer rack and cook 6-8 minutes at 200 degrees until golden.
6. Place fish on top of salsa mixture top with avocado cream, more cilantro if desired and Cholula sauce.
1 large avocado
3/4 cup buttermilk
Juice from 1/2 lime
Mix in a blender until smooth