Are you a pet lover? Have you ever wanted to experience the adventure together with your pet?
Ireland is a good country for you and your adored pet to get on a road trip. If this is the first time that you’re planning a trip together with your pet then you might need some extra preparation, check the tips below to see if you got everything covered:
1) Get Insured. Just so you can put your mind at ease and enjoy the rest of your trip with your buddy, get insured! Better be safe than sorry, as they say. You can get car insurance for assistance during unexpected scenarios such as engine breakdown or vehicular accidents. Additionally, you can get travel insurance for you and your pet as well so that you fully covered in case something happens to you.
2) Visit Pet-Friendly Destinations. Your pet surely enjoys seeing you having fun with all the destinations you’re going to. But, wouldn’t it be better if you look at your pet having the time of his life with pet-friendly places? There are beaches in Ireland which welcome animals as guests, such as the Curracloe Beach, Cwm Yr Eglwys Beach and Courtown Beach. Your pet will surely enjoy walking on the beach and lounging around while watching people and other pets too.
3) Bring Pet Equipment. Did you think that humans are the only ones who need gears? Your pet needs gear as well! Equip him with a sturdy leash and a poop bag if you can to reduce the waste as you travel. A sturdy leash will keep him in control and close to you. Bring your pet’s favorite toys to keep calm him and keep him pre-occupied in the case the throws tantrums during the trip.
4) Stay in a Pet-Friendly Route. If your pet gets scared by darkness or an environment filled with forests, it’s best to drive along the road and in the open so that your pet won’t get easily scared as he watches his surroundings change. Seeing the sky and the ground will probably give your pet some familiarity and joy as he sits by your side in the passenger’s seat.
5) Train Your Pet Prior Your Trip. By bringing your pet on a road trip, you are letting him mingle with other people and other animals. If your pet is not used to this kind of environment, it might cause a problem. Your pet might probably curl up and be sad for the rest of the day or throw tantrums.
Furthermore, he might misbehave in public places. It’s best to accustom your pet in a public environment as well as train him to behave in a good manner to avoid any problems. That will also increase your pet’s excitement and chances of getting some treats from you and from the new friends you’ll make as you go with your journey.
Before heading to any road trip in Ireland, get car insurance that’s cheap and got you covered in case of emergencies and unexpected scenarios! You can easily get a quotation from AA Ireland. Getting car insurance ensures not only for your car’s safety but for you and your pet’s as well.