Your skin should be your top priority and Celebrity Makeup Artist, Claire Doyle shares her top 5 Summer tips to healthy glowing skin! Keep in mind that a number of SPF products that we use are actually toxic and dehydrating to skin and lips.
1. Cool your skin after a day of fun in the sun with a cool shower or bath to take down inflammation, remove salt water and the toxic chemicals that come with most SPF sunscreens.
2. An aloe vera based after sun body gel is great for cooling the skin and taking out the sting of over exposured skin. A fresh aloe vera plant also does the trick!
3. Drink up! Keep your body hydrated from the inside out with lots of water to offset those poolside cocktails. I like to flavor my water with fresh fruit and mint leaves in the warmer months.
4. Keep your body hydrated with a great moisturizer and reapply often to sooth skin and prevent peeling.
5. Don't forget about your lips! Apply a moisturizing lip balm to keep lips hydrated post fun in the sun. I love argan oil-based Moroccan Magic. It feels instantly moisturizing and doesn't feel waxy on the lips. Most people don't realize how de-hydrating SPF skincare and lip care can be. Make sure you apply a heavier layer before bedtime for overnight protection and renewal!